1. To promote sense of unity and solidarity among the
Heads of Aided Private Secondary, Private Higher Secondary, Private Vocational
Higher Secondary and Teacher Training Institute and to make them play their
role as Educators by contributing their share to the growth and development
of Education in the State.
2. To help raise the academic standards of schools by organising Teachers' Forums
and conducting Seminars, Study Circles, Evaluation programmers, etc. and also
make necessary representations to the authorities.
3. To study the day to day problems of education particularly those connected
with educational legislation, re-organisation, courses of studies and curriculum
etc. express its views and opinion on such matters.
4. To do all that is possible to see that sound instruction is imparted and
efficient discipline and high moral tone are maintained in all schools.
5. To co-operate with the Department and the Managements of Private Aided Schools
in their endeavour to promote sound Education in the State. To cooperate with
other similar Headmasters' Association working in other states and on All India
6. To safeguard by all constitutional means the legitimate professional rights,
privileges and interests of its members.
7. To co-operate with other organisation of Teachers and non-teaching staff
in all their lawful activities and help them by all constitutional means to
safeguard the professional interests of teachers and non-teaching staff.
8. To enlist the co-operation of the Public in the field of Education.
9. To organise, co-ordinate and guide District Units.
10. To work for the welfare of its members.
11. To publish journals, bulletins and books of academic importance.
12. To conduct research projects and publish reports.